A fireplace remains the most popular choice and adds significantly to the value of any home. Most fireplaces are no longer traditional brick and mortar, but are engineered and pre-built by major manufacturers. More than seventy-five percent (over a half million) of all fireplaces installed each year are factory-built.
What is a factory-built fireplace and what are the benefits?
- Factory-built fireplaces are surprisingly inexpensive.
- They use a safe, lightweight chimney and do not need any additional footing or other structural support.
- Because they have fewer limitations than site-built masonry fireplaces, they can be easily and safely installed in almost any room.
- Factory-built fireplaces are available in a range of sizes, and can be open on one, two (“see-through” and corner models), three (“peninsula”), or four sides (“oasis”).
- Brick, stone, marble and other facing materials can be combined with your choice of mantels to suit your decor.